One of the most fun things to do while attending a Stampin' Up! event is swapping cards with other demonstrators... I made a few of these Angry Bird punch art cards to trade and wanted to show you how easily you can create this fun angry bird.
It was inspired by my son Brandon's pillow that he got for his birthday recently... Brandon is OBSESSED with this game! I also used this punch art on the front of the goodie bags that I made for my roommates - it was filled with some fun earrings that I made using our new Sweet Shoppe jelly bean brads, chocolates (a must-have for these events), my swaps and an Angry Bird bag tag.
Here are the step-by-step instructions for making this punch art...
1) Use the Circle Clear Bigz die and your Big Shot to cut out a circle from crumb cake and poppy parade card stock. Run the poppy parade circle back through the Big Shot as shown so that you cut away this bottom piece.
2) Use the Heart-to-Heart punch with poppy parade and punch out the middle-sized heart.
3) Use the 1-3/8" and 1" square punches with daffodil delight card stock to cut out two squares. Use your paper snips to cut them in half diagonally so you have two triangles.
4) Use the modern label and 1/2" circle punches with basic black card stock for the eyes. Trim off the ends from the modern label punches as shown. Use the 1-3/8" circle punch with whisper white card stock for the eyeballs (sorry, forgot to take a photo!).
5) Sponge the edges of the poppy parade and daffodil delight pieces to give them more depth and dimension (if you want even more contrast use real red and more mustard ink).
6) Begin to assemble your bird by assembling your eyes and attaching using Tombow multipurpose adhesive - be careful, a little goes a LONG way!
7) Attach the heart to the back of the poppy parade and then attach that to the crumb cake base.
8) Create the beak by first attaching the larger triangle half right by the eyes and then the smaller triangle underneath.
9) Add the eyebrow pieces and now he's an Angry Bird!!!
And here is my finished card and gift bag! Sorry for the weird color on the card - I took the photo in our hotel room and the lighting was off...
Have a great day - I am off to the final day of our Leadership event... I totally forgot about submitting my Fabulous Friday project for the Sisters in Stamping blog but go and check it out today if you get a chance... they're featuring projects made with the new Big Shot Framelits.