Happy Friday! This week on the Sisters in Stamping blog we are starting a catalog tour of the brand new Stampin' Up! annual catalog that debuted on June 1st... we begin by exploring the Accessories section found on pages 151-195. In this section you'll find paper, ink, scrapbooking essentials, designer fabric, ribbon and trim, fun embellishments, tools, punches, storage options and the Big Shot and its accessories.
My card above features several new Big Shot items along with a new must-have item - the Essentials Paper Piercing Pack!! It is absolutely fabulous!! Check out my tutorial below to see how I put this card together and afterwards be sure and hop on over to the Sisters in Stamping blog to find even more inspiration.
1. Begin by cutting a 5-1/4" x 4" piece of Bashful Blue card stock and run it through the Big Shot with the Fancy Fan folder to add texture. Attach a 7" piece of Midnight Muse 3/8" stitched satin ribbon across the center of this piece by taping it behind. Adhere it to a Whisper White card stock card base using Multipurpose adhesive.
2. Create a mask for the sponged area... I cut a piece of scrap card stock to 2-1/2" x 2-1/2" and then used the framelit from the Apothecary Accents pack to cut out the center.
3. Apply 2-way glue pen to the BACK of this piece and let it dry completely so it becomes tacky to create your mask.
4. Cut a piece of Whisper White card stock to 2-1/2" x 2-1/2" and stick the mask onto the front of it. Use a stampin' sponge wedge to apply Bashful Blue ink to the center. Tip - start lightly, you can always add more color.
5. Take the smaller foliage image from the Just Believe stamp set and ink it up with the Midnight Muse classic stampin' pad and stamp through the mask "window" onto your card stock.
6. Remove the mask and place the template from the Essentials Paper Piercing pack that matches this shape over the stamped piece. Place it on the Stampin' Pierce Mat and line up the image. Pierce holes around the image using the Paper Piercing tool.
7. Adhere this piece to a 2-3/4" x 2-3/4" piece of Midnight Muse card stock using Multpurpose adhesive (be careful to avoid the holes you've punched so the glue doesn't squish out). Attach it to your card using stampin'dimensionals.
8. Stamp a sentiment from the Itty Bitty Banners stamp set onto a scrap of Whisper White card stock using the Midnight Muse classic stampin' pad. Find the coordinating framelit from the Bitty Banners pack and place it on the sentiment. Tip - to hold it in place while you run it through the Big Shot, use a sticky note.
9. Adhere the sentiment to the front right-hand corner of your card using Multipurpose adhesive and add Rhinestone basic jewels with the end of your Paper Snips to embellish.
And you're done! If you like this card and would like to have it as a make-n-take at a workshop or private class, contact me to book your date!! What a fun Girls Night Out this would make and you'd leave with a great card to give away. Thanks for stopping by and have a fabulous weekend!!
Just Believe stamp set, clear mount #120453, $25.95 -or-
Just Believe stamp set, wood mount #11694820453, $33.95
Itty Bitty Banners stamp set, clear mount #126257, $11.95 -or-
Itty Bitty Banners stamp set, wood mount #126255, $15.95
Big Shot die-cutting machine #113439, $99.95
Apothecary Accents framelits #127003, $24.95
Bitty Banner framelits #129267, $14.95
Fancy Fan textured impressions folder #127751, $7.95
Essentials Paper Piercing Pack #126187, $7.95
Paper-Piercing Tool #126189, $3.95
Stampin' Pierce Mat #126199, $4.95
Midnight Muse classic stampin' pad #126860, $5.95
Bashful Blue classic stampin' pad #126961, 45.95
Whisper White card stock #100730, $8.50
Bashful Blue card stock #105120, $6.95
Midnight Muse card stock #126843, $6.95
Midnight Muse 3/8" stitched satin ribbon #126847, $8.95
Stampin' Sponge #101610, $3.50
Rhinestone basic jewels #119246, $4.95
Stampin' dimensionals #104430, $3.95
Multipurpose adhesive #110755, $3.95
Paper Snips #103579, $9.95