This week on the Sisters in Stamping blog our Fabulous Friday projects are Halloween treats. I created this matchbook fun-size candy holder using my favorite spooky color combo - calypso coral, old olive and wisteria wonder. The stamp set is called Toxic Treats and can be found in the Holiday catalog. This image coordinates with our Labels Collection framelits for the Big Shot - gotta love that! I added lots of texture to this one with the Square Lattice and Spider Web textured impressions folders.
Here are some additional photos of my project - both opened and from the side. You can get three matchbook treat holders from a single 8-1/2" x 11" piece of calypso coral so this is one you can easily make for a classroom! Read on for directions on how to make it...
Directions for Toxic Treats matchbook candy favor
Stamp set - Toxic Treats
Paper - calypso coral, old olive, whisper white
Ink - Jet Black StazOn ink, soft suede stampin' write marker, champagne shimmer paint
Accessories - Big Shot, Labels Collection framelits, Square Lattice and Spider Web textured impressions folders, color spritzer tool, wisteria wonder 3/8" ruffled ribbon, stampin' spritzers, stampin' dimensionals
Other - rubbing alcohol, fun-size candy
1. Cut a piece of calypso coral card stock 8-1/2" x 3-1/2"
2. Score on the long side at 1", 4-3/4" and 5-1/4" using a Simply Scored scoring tool
3. Close your folds and make them crisp using a bone folder
4. Fold the matchbook in half at the 4-3/4" mark and use the Spider Web textured impressions folder to add texture to the cover
5. Cut a piece of whisper white card stock 3" x 4" and stamp the witch image from the Toxic Treats stamp set using Jet Black StazOn ink
6. Cut this out with the Big Shot and the Labels Collection framelit that matches it (2nd smallest one)
7. Cut a piece of old olive card stock to 3-1/2" x 4-1/4" and run it through the Big Shot using the 3rd smallest Labels Collection framelit to get a mat for your witch image
8. Run this old olive mat through the Big Shot using the Square Lattice textured impressions folder
9. Glue the witch image to the old olive mat using Tombow multipurpose liquid glue
10. Cut a piece of wisteria wonder 3/8" ruffled ribbon to 7". Wrap it around the cover, beginning and ending on the front and adhering it using tape (it will be covered up by the image)
11. Use a stampin' spritzer filled with rubbing alcohol and champagne shimmer paint to spritz a shimmery glow on the matchbook cover
12. Insert a soft suede stampin' write marker into a color spritzer tool and spritz ink randomly all over the matchbook cover
13. Using a stapler, attach your fun-size candy to the small flap of the matchbook cover
14. Use 3 stampin' dimensionals to attach the main image to the front flap of the matchbook cover being sure NOT to attach any to the bottom third of the image - that way you can tuck the top flap into the matchbook cover and still have your image hang over as shown in the photo above
15. Give this to your favorite goblin or ghoul. Happy Halloween!For even more tricks and treats, be sure and hop on over to the Sisters in Stamping blog after Noon EST today to see what my Sisters came up with this week for you. To order any of the products used with today's project, please visit my online store here. Have a wonderful weekend and get some stamping done tomorrow for World Card Making Day!! I'll be having fun at my Stamp Out Breast Cancer stamp-a-stack fundraiser event...