Happy Friday! It is hard to believe another week has flown by already... this week the theme for Fabulous Friday on the Sisters in Stamping blog is to feature our Big Shot Framelits with our project. I decided to make a fun Christmas candy favor (great basket or stocking stuffer) using the Holiday Ornaments framelits found in the Holiday catalog. Read on to see exactly how I created it...
Paper: Be of Good Cheer, DSP (4" x 3" and 3" x 3/4"), Gumball Green card stock (10" x 3-1/4")
Accessories: Cherry Cobbler seam binding ribbon (14"), Big Shot machine, Holiday Ornaments Framelits dies, Simply Scored Scoring Tool, Tombow multipurpose liquid glue, Crop-a-Dile, sticky strip adhesive
1) Using the Simply Scored Scoring Tool, score the Gumball Green card stock on the longer side at 4-1/4", 4-3/4" and 9".
2) Use Tombow glue to attach the larger piece of DSP to the end of the Gumball Green card stock (opposite side from the small flap).
3) Choose an ornament framelit and center it toward the bottom of the DSP flap and hold it in place with a post-it note. Run it through the Big Shot to cut our your window. Make sure the orientation of the ornament is correct (see below).
4) Attach the smaller piece of DSP to the small flap using Tombow liquid glue.
5) Attach sticky strip adhesive pieces on the middle section as shown (this will hold the chocolates in place).
6) Fold the favor closed and use the Crop-a-Dile to punch two holes in the top flap evenly spaced apart - make sure you go through all 3 layers.
7) Remove the red sticky strip lining and attach your chocolates (I used two fun-size candy bars).
8) Close the favor. Take your piece of cherry cobbler seam binding ribbon and go through the holes starting in the front, going all the way to the back and bringing it back to the front on the other side. Tie this in a bow to secure and trim the ends of your ribbon. You're done!
I hope you have been inspired to create a fun way to give a fun chocolate favor like this... you could even attach a gift card behind the chocolates for a bigger treat! For even more inspiration with our Big Shot Framelits, be sure and hop on over to the Sisters in Stamping blog today!
Have a great weekend and thanks for stopping by!