Happy Good Friday to you! This week we are featuring Easter candy favors on the Sisters in Stamping blog for Fabulous Friday and this is my creation. If the favor looks familiar, it is similar to this one that I created with the help of my friend Gaylyn.
Here is another view of the candy holder... inside I have a clear envelope filled with chocolate kisses and peanut butter cups - yum! To make this favor at home, please see the steps below.
Candy Favor tutorial
Card stock: so saffron, baja breeze, certainly celery, whisper white
Ink: baja breeze
Stamp set: Delightful Dozen
Tools: Simply Scored scoring tool, Paper Piercing tool
Punches: Scallop Edge Border punch, 1-3/4" scallop circle punch, Boho Blossoms punch, Modern Label punch, Bird Builder punch
Accessories: Subtles Brads, Sticky Strip, Stampin' Dimensionals, Tombow multipurpose liquid glue, Medium Clear Translucent envelopes, Velcro (non-Stampin' Up!)
1. Cut a piece of so saffron card stock to 9-1/2" x 4-1/4". Score it on the long side at 3", 5" and 8".
2. Cut a piece of baja breeze card stock 4-1/4" x 1-1/4" and give it a decorative edge using the Scallop Edge border. Attach it using Tombow liquid glue to the underside of the smaller flap.
3. Stamp the "happy easter" sentiment onto a scrap of whisper white card stock using baja breeze ink. Cut it out using a Modern Label punch. Attach to the bottom of the favor using Tombow liquid glue (make sure you check so it doesn't end up upside down).
4. Use the 1-3/4" Scallop Circle punch to cut out five pretty in pink designer paper flowers. Use the largest flower from the Boho Blossoms punch with so saffron designer paper to cut out one flower. Lightly mist all flower layers with a Stampin' Spritzer filled with water and gently scrunch the flowers to add lots of texture. Cut out two leaves from certainly celery card stock using the Bird Builder punch.
5. Line up all the flower layers and poke a hole in the center using a Piercing Tool. Attach with a baja breeze brad from the Subtles Collection pack. Fluff the layers to create your 3D flower.
6. Attach the two leaves to the front flap of the favor bag using tape. Attach the flower embellishment using stampin' dimensionals.
7. Open up the inside of the favor bag and put a small piece of velcro on the underside of the flap and a piece of sticky strip to the middle. Fill a clear medium envelope half-full with chocolates and close using the adhesive on the envelope. Attach to the favor bag using the sticky strip. Close the bag using the velcro and give to your favorite person!
Thanks for stopping by today! I hope you have enjoyed my little tutorial... these are great favors to make for any occasion and come together so quickly! For even more Easter candy favor inspiration, please be sure to hop over to the Sisters in Stamping blog.